Troy Pony 100
TroyXCD Pony 100
The Compact Print Server with 100baseTX Performance
The TROYXCD Pony 100 is a compact print server that lets you share virtually any type of printer on a 10baseT/100baseTX Fast Ethernet network using any of the major network operating systems.It plugs directly into the parallel port of the printer to eliminate the need for external cabling, and it also includes a serial port.Even with its powerful features and performance, the Pony 100 is priced competitively with many Ethernet-only print servers.
The Pony 100 is available in three models:
- PPS100-8S 100baseTX/10baseT print server with 1 parallel and 1 serial port and TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, NetBIOS IP, DLC/LLC, Direct Mode IP/IPX, AppleTalk protocols.
PPS100-8N 100baseTX/10baseT print server with 1 parallel and 1 serial port and TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, NetBIOS IP, DLC/LLC, Direct Mode IP/IPX, AppleTalk, Banyan VINES, and LAT protocols.
The Pony 100 offers more features than any other product in its class, including:
- NetWare, TCP/IP, DLC/LLC, NetBEUI, LAT, VINES IP, and AppleTalk protocols for support on almost any network
- XAdmin Windows 95/98/NT utility for easy setup of the print server
- WebXAdmin built in Utility for management with any web browser
- Compatible with Hewlett-Packard's JetAdmin and Web JetAdmin printer managment software
- IP Address configuration via arp, rarp, BOOTP, DHCP, TROY XCD XAdmin utility, Netware, DEC MOP, or HP JetAdmin utility
- Remote console accessible via TELNET, DEC NCP, NetWare, or WebXAdmin.
- JetStatus feature for remote monitoring of printer status
- SNMP support over IP and IPX; MIB I & II
- Configurable TCP port numbers on a per-service basis
- Very high performance architecture
- Flash memory for easy firmware updates from almost any host
- Multiple services per port
- lpd-Plus feature for controlling job setup and reset
- Programmable character string conversion
- AppleTalk binary mode support