Genicom - microLaser 401 and 401N
Page Printers microLaser 401 and 401N Specifications High-speed laser printers that will keep pace with your department's workload.
Plenty Of Power.
The mL401 and mL401N laser printers deliver up to 40 pages per minute at true 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution.
This is made possible by GENICOMs powerful new Intelliprint controller architecture coupled with a high-performance MIPS R5000 166 MHz RISC processor and GENICOM-developed custom ASIC.
GENICOM has embedded True Adobe PostScript 3 into the Intelliprint controller architecture . . . providing superior quality in text, graphics, and image representation.
Optimized For Department Print
The standard mL401 or 401N gives you sophisticated paper handling with two 500-sheet input trays and a 50-sheet bypass feeder, accommodating a variety of stocks and sizes from postcard to 11 x 17 inch paper.
Optional paper handling devices include a finisher/stapler, mailbox, duplexer, and high-capacity 2,500-sheet input feeder that becomes a stand for the printer.
Communicating With The World.
This new printer is compatible with the most common networking protocols and server platforms, including Microsoft LAN manager, Novell NetWare, Telnet, IPX/SPX, NetBios, EtherTalk, TCP/IP, and SNMP V3/4.
Fast Ethernet 10/100BaseT and 10Base2 is standard on the microLaser 401N network printer.
IBM 5250 twinax and 3270 coax options provide seamless connections to the AS/400 and S/390 environments, including AFP/IPDS with guaranteed compatibility.
- Fast at 40 ppm.
- True 1200 x 1200 dpi at up to 40 ppm standard.
- Powerful 166 MHz RISC processor.
- 32MB RAM, expandable to 96MB.
- Intelliprint controller architecture.
- Full document handling with optional finisher/stapler, mailbox, duplexer, and high-capacity feeder.
- Up to 3,550 total sheets input and 2,700 output.
- Supports postcard to 11 x 17 inch paper; 16-28 lb stock, up to 90 lb through bypass feeder.
- Adobe PostScript 3.
- PCL 5e emulation with PJL.
- Fast Ethernet 10/100BaseT and 10Base2 standard on microLaser 401N.
- Twinax and coax options with AFP/IPDS.
- Auto emulation switching and auto interface switching.
- Printer management via Web page.
Input Tray 1:
Input Tray 2:
Optional 2,500-sheet Feeder:
Optional Envelope Feeder:
PCL 5e Fonts:
Interface and Connectivity
IEEE 1284 parallel
Ethernet 10/100BaseT and 10Base2; IEEE 1284 parallel
Printer Driver Support
UL950, FCC part 15 Class B, ICES 003, CISPR22 Class B, FDA CDRH, cUL, CE, GS, IEC 825, GOST (Russia), SABS (S. Africa), and C-Tick (Australia)
Specifications subject to change without notice.
All trademarks are property of their respective holders at the time of this publication.
Copyright 1999 GENICOM Corporation