Lexmark Optra C
Introducing the Optra C color laser printer by Lexmark, the newest member of the Optra family and the first complete desktop color network printer. Complete because Optra C brings you the future of network printing today. Now you can have photographic-quality printing with color, plus complete networking support and industry-leading network printing management software.
The Optra C is available in both a standard configuration and PRO model featuring extended memory and connectivity. The standard Optra C is configured for typical office printing, while the Optra C PRO is easy to network and ready for complex graphics printing.
In 600 x 600 dpi resolution mode, Lexmark applies advanced screening techniques to deliver results you might expect to find in higher-priced color printers. These include ColorGrade, which ensures vibrant color even in areas of fine detail, and Stochastic screening, which minimizes annoying bands and distracting patterns.
Looks That Get Noticed
Optra C prints a rainbow of color in 600 x 600 dots per inch and continuous tone, with user-adjustable gloss levels.
In 600 x 600 dpi mode, Lexmark applies advanced screening techniques to deliver results you might expect to find in higher-priced color printers. For printing complex images, especially photographs, continuous-tone screening renders smooth, subtle color and tonal transitions, while maintaining the deep, rich colors that coexist in some images.
Perfect Color, Every Time
The Optra C's high-performance drivers allow color correction for different output results. So the color you want is the color you get.
Display lets you match output to the color you see on your monitor.Vivid boosts your color overall, and is a natural choice for printing transparencies. AndSWOPlets you simulate the output of a printing press.
Optra C supports major color management standards, including Apple ColorSync 2.0, Windows 95 ICM, Agfa FotoTune, and the Pantone Calibrated solid color simulations.
Print On Plain Paper And Transparencies
Photographic-quality results are achieved in monochrome and color on many common office papers in letter, legal, A4 and B5 sizes. And Automatic Environment Monitoring and Calibration adjusts for temperature and humidity, ensuring consistent color every time.
So Easy To Use
Some color laser printers make replacing supplies a chore ---- but the integrated design of the Optra C makes supplies changes fast and simple. All four toner colors are packaged in "easy install" cartridges, not bottles that can spill easily. And because they're installed at the front of the printer, you'll replace them quickly, giving you more time to enjoy your colorful new world!
This printer won't keep your workgroup waiting. A high-powered RISC processor delivers the speed capabilities you demand ---- up to 12 pages per minute monochrome and 3 pages per minute color.
A 250-sheet universal tray plus a 100-sheet multipurpose tray is standard. You can add an optional 250-sheet second tray for even more flexibility and convenience.
Laser-printed text and images are not only great-looking, they're durable, too. Toner won't smear or run if it gets wet.
The Optra C is engineered for high volumes ---- up to 15,000 pages per month duty cycle.
Advanced Memory Management
Optra C requires less memory than competitive color lasers thanks to Lexmark's RAMSmart advanced memory compression. Most of your typical office print jobs will print flawlessly with the standard RAM. Memory upgrades are available in increments up to 64 MB.
Connecting is Easy
Lexmark is the network printer company. So it's no surprise that Optra C is born to network! Like every member of Lexmark's award-winning network printer family, the Optra C offers exceptional compatibility with today's popular software, hardware and networking operating system environments.
Optra C has PostScript Level 2 and enhanced PCL 5 with color emulations standard. It supports Windows, Macintosh, DOS, UNIX and AIX/6000. And it is plug-and-play enabled for Microsoft Windows 95.
What's more, two MarkNet XL internal network adapter slots give you virtually unlimited connectivity support. An Optra C can be set up to receive print jobs from virtually any workstation on your local area network. Now everyone can access the power of color!
Take Control With MarkVision
As easy as it is to connect your Optra C to a network, Lexmark makes it even easier to control your network-attached printers ---- with MarkVision. MarkVision is industry-leading network printer management software that brings Lexmark's bi-directional communications technology to life.
Whether the printer is in another building or across the country, MarkVision gives you real-time alert notifications and remote printer management capabilities. You can even reconfigure the printer and update the printer's flash or hard disk memory option remotely.
MarkVision also makes it easy to do job accounting. You can print out lists of user names, printer locations, job duration, capabilities used, number of pages printed and the nature of any problem encountered and export the data to a Lotus 1-2-3 or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Color laser
- True four-color process (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black)
- Continuous tone and 600 x 600 dots per inch *
- ColorGrade advanced screening
- Stochastic screening
- Color correction for display matching, vivid output or SWOP (press) simulation
- Adjustable gloss levels
- Automatic temperature and humidity monitoring and re-calibration
- ColorSync 2.0 compatible
- Windows 95 ICM compatible
- Pantone Calibrated solid color simulations
- Agfa ColorTags for Agfa Foto Tune
- PostScript Level 2 device independent color support
- 25 MHz AMD? 29030 full 32-bit RISC processor with external Level 2 cache
- 12 pages per minute monochrome
- 3 pages per minute full color
- 1.2 pages per minute color transparencies
- 1.8 pages per minute monochrome transparencies
- Actual throughput is dependent on computer, application, file complexity and network traffic
- 8 MB standard, upgradable to 64 MB
- RAMSmart Intelligent Memory Management with job overlap processing
- Configurable I/O buffer size
- Optional flash memory modules for storing fonts, forms and macros
- Optional hard drive for storing fonts, forms and macros
- 4 MB, 8 MB, 16 MB and 32 MB printer memory
- 1 MB, 2 MB and 4 MB flash memory
- 100 MB Optra Hard Drive
- Macintosh, IBM PC/compatibles, UNIX and RISC System/6000
- PostScript Level 2 emulation standard
- Enhanced PCL 5 with Color emulation standard
- Drivers for Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows NT, Macintosh System 7 (LaserWriter 8 and QuickDraw GX), OS/2 and top DOS applications
- Windows 95 plug and play
- MarkVision Printer Management utilities for Windows 3.1x and Macintosh
- Bi-directional status feedback
- Interactive setup and configuration
- Job statistics
- Network Printing Alliance Protocol 1.0 compliant
- 39 scalable fonts (PostScript Level 2): Courier, Helvetica, Helvetica Black, Helvetica Light, Helvetica Narrow, Times New Roman, SymbolSet, ITC Avant Garde Gothic, ITC Bookman, ITC Zapf Chancery, ITC Dingbats, Century Schoolbook and Palatino
- 45 scalable fonts (PCL 5e)
- 2 bitmapped fonts (PCL 5e)
- Standard 250-sheet feeder and 100 sheet multipurpose tray
- Optional 250-sheet feeder
- 100-sheet output capacity
- 16- to 28-lb. (60 to 90 g/m2) bond
- Sizes: letter, legal, A4 and B5
- Use only Lexmark Optra C transparencies
- 13.42" (341 mm) length
- 8.25" (209.4 mm) width
- 21.3"W x 22.8"D x 18"H
- 110 lbs.
- 53 dBA operating
- 33 dBA idle
- 15,000 pages per month based on a single month
- Cyan, magenta, yellow and black toner cartridges (4,000 pages at 5% coverage, maximum 5,500 pages)
- Photoconductor Kit (7,000 pages color to 35,000 pages, based on use of color per page)
- Fuser Oil (10,000 pages)
- Temperature: 15.5 to 32 degrees C (60 to 90 degrees F)
- Humidity: 10% to 80% RH
- Altitude: 0 - 2134 m (7,000 ft.)