Brother HL-L6400DW MFP Laser Printer
Standard Yield Toner
(Yields approx. 3,000 pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4))
Brother TN820 Standard Yield Toner
TN820 3K Page Yield (New)
High Yield Toner
(Yields approx. 8,000 pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4))
Brother TN850 High Yield Toner
TN850 8K Page Yield (New)
Super High Yield Toner
(Yields approx. 12,000 pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4))
Brother TN880 Super High Yield Toner
TN880 12K Page Yield (New)
|DR820||Drum Unit (yields approx. 30,000 pages based on 1 page per job and 50,000 pages based on 3 pages per job (A4/letter simplex pages). The number of pages may be affected due to a variety of factors including but not limited to media type and media size.)|
Brother DR820 Unit Drum Unit
DR820 30K Page Yield (New)
|LT5500||Optional Lower Paper Tray Kit (250 sheet capacity)|
Brother LT5500 Optional Lower Paper Tray (250 sheets)
|LT6500||Optional Lower Paper Tray (520 sheet capacity)|
Brother LT6500 Optional Lower Paper Tray (520 sheets)
|MX4000||Optional Mailbox Sorter (4-bin)|
Brother MX-4000 4-bin Mailbox
||Optional Tower Tray with Stabilizer|
Brother TT4000 Optional Tower Tray with Stabilizer
For mid-sized workgroups with demanding print volumes looking for low cost printing and business reliability. Realize a low total cost of ownership due to its included super high-yield toner cartridge and even lower cost output from the ultra-high-yield replacement toner cartridge. Maximize your workgroup's productivity with a blazing fast print speed up to 52ppm and a large, 570-sheet paper capacity. Scalable to fit virtually any office, add either optional trays to increase capacity to 1,610 sheets or transform this printer into a floor-standing model with the tower tray option (520 sheets x 4 trays). Advanced security features provide network user authentication and an adjustable color Touchscreen display enables direct printing from popular business cloud services.
- Fast, high-quality printing for higher print volumes. Featuring a business durable design with an impressive print speed of up to 52 pages per minute, this high-performance printer is ideal for mid to large sized workgroups. Plus, it offers up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution for crisp, clear text and excellent graphics.
- Low total cost of ownership. Includes a super high-yield 12,000-page toner cartridge for built-in value. For even lower cost printing, use the ultra high-yield 20,000-page replacement cartridge.
- Scalable paper handling. Easily handle your large print jobs via an adjustable 520-sheet capacity paper tray and 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. For additional capacity, optional paper trays are available in 250-sheet or 520-sheet capacities - up to 1,610 sheets total capacity. Alternatively, a tower tray with stabilizer option includes four 520-sheet trays for a total input capacity of 2,650 sheets.
- Large, expandable output capacity. 250-sheet capacity output, plus an add-on mailbox/sorter/stacker option is useful for workgroups that want to assign bins to various users, sort output into separate bins, or require additional output capacity - up to 1,050 total sheets.
- Flexible network connectivity. Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces allow you to share the HL-L6400DW with multiple users on your network.
- Advanced security features. Includes an integrated NFC card reader and Active Directory support for network user authentication to help protect against unauthorized access to the device. Other security features include: Secure Function Lock, Enterprise Security (802.1x), IPSec, Secure Print, SSL/TLS and more.
- Convenient mobile device printing. Print from your mobile device via: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print 2.0, Mopria, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct, and NFC.
- Automatic two-sided printing. Use the duplex feature to produce professional brochures, documents and booklets. This feature can help save money and cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
- Adjustable, 1.8" color Touchscreen display. Offers intuitive menu navigation and printing from popular business cloud services including: DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE, ONEDRIVE, and more
- Outstanding customer support. The Brother HL-L6400DW offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product.
The Brother Workhorse Series HL-L6400DW monochrome laser printer delivers a low total cost of ownership, advanced security features, scalable paper handling, and productivity enhancing features for mid to large-sized workgroups with higher print volumes. Business-enhancing features and business-durable design - to meet the needs of your busy office
Built on a reputation of reliability, the HL-L6400DW offers business-centric features and functionality to optimize workflow, enhance productivity, and improve the bottom line. This high-performance printer keeps moving at the pace of your business with an impressive print speed of up to 52 pages per minute. Plus, with a print resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi, the HL-L6400DW produces professional reports, spreadsheets, correspondence, and other important business documents with crisp text and excellent graphics.
Low total cost of ownership helps maximize your budgetPrint professional business documents and enjoy a low total cost of ownership - with the included super high-yield 12,000-page toner cartridge for built-in value for your business. For even lower cost printing, use the ultra-high yield 20,000-page 1 replacement cartridge. Also, two-sided (duplex) printing means less paper use - and helps save paper and money. Environmentally friendly, the HL-L6400DW is ENERGY STAR Qualified and offers a Deep Sleep Mode that only uses 1.3 watts of power when not in use.
The HL-L6400DW comes with a 520-sheet capacity paper tray that can hold more than a ream of paper for fewer refills, and is adjustable for letter or legal size paper. A 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray is useful for printing envelopes (up to 10) and on alternative media types. Additional optional paper trays are available in 250-sheet or 520-sheet capacities, enabling users to configure the printer with multiple trays in a way that best meets their application requirements - up to 1,610 sheet total capacity.
Alternatively, a tower tray option that includes four 520-sheet trays and a stabilizer transforms the printer into a floor standing printer. This versatile option is ideal for workgroups that need multiple trays to customize their workflow and allows for new workflow improvements, including storing different media in each tray or to increase total capacity to 2,650 sheets.
Plus, an add-on mailbox/sorter/stacker option is useful for workgroups that are looking to assign bins to various users, sort output into separate bins, or require additional output capacity - up to 1,050 total sheets.
Print from cloud services with an adjustable, color Touchscreen display 2
The HL-L6400DW features an adjustable, 1.8 color Touchscreen display for easy-to-use menu navigation and also direct printing from popular business cloud services including DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE, ONEDRIVE and more 2.
Flexible connectivity options make the HL-L6400DW ideal for your busy, mobile workgroup
Your entire workgroup can share the HL-L6400DW on either a wireless 802.11b/g/n network or connect through Gigabit Ethernet. Download and install BRAdmin Professional software 3 to give administrators the ability to configure many of the network and printer functions via an Explorer-style window. You can log the status and activity of the HL-L6400DW, as well as other Brother devices on your network.
Workgroup members and office visitors will appreciate the convenience of printing wirelessly from a compatible Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, or Windows Phone mobile device. Print via 4: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print 2.0, Brother iPrint&Scan (free downloadable app), Cortado Workplace, Mopria, or Wi-Fi Direct. Near Field Communication (NFC) 5 capability is also available, which automatically establishes a direct connection between your NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet and the HL-L6400DW, so users can print without having to connect to a network or enter any login credentials.
Plus, a USB Host, located on the back of the machine, is ideal for third-party card reader support 6.
Advanced security features provide network user authentication, help restrict unauthorized printing and help protect sensitive documents
In todays business world, keeping sensitive data secure is a top priority. The HL-L6400DW is equipped with a range of features that deliver critical business-focused security - protecting your organizations valuable intellectual assets. Security features include:
- Integrated NFC card reader: Provides walk-up authorization to release print jobs and to access other machine functions using a compatible NFC card or badge 7
- Active Directory support: Enables network user authentication which stores print jobs that only can be released to print with a user ID and password
- Secure Function Lock: Gives administrators the ability to restrict usage and machine functions for up to 200 users or groups
- Secure Print: Claim secure print jobs using only a confidential PIN
- Support for critical network security protocols: Including Enterprise Security (802.1x), IPSec and SSL/TLS
- Machines in high-traffic areas can be protected from having settings changed with Setting Lock, and a lock slot prevents machine theft to protect your investment
At Your Side with award-winning performance and FREE phone support for the life of the product
At Brother, our goal is to provide dependable, business-class solutions to help increase productivity and efficiency and reduce costs. In 2015, Brother Printers and All-in-Ones were recognized as #1 for Reliability and #1 for Overall Satisfaction in the PCMag.com Business Choice Awards, an annual reader-driven survey on hardware, software, and services used in business environments.
Brother is At Your Side with a 1-year limited warranty and FREE phone support for the life of the product.
All referenced trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective companies
Apple and AirPrint are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Android, Google Drive, and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Mopria is a trademark of Mopria Alliance, Inc. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. Kindle Fire is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Windows Phone and OneDrive are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
1 Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4).
2 Requires an Internet connection and an account with desired service.
4 Requires connection to a wireless network.
5 The mobile device must have NFC capability and run Android OS 4.0 or later.
6 See manufacturers specifications for details.
7 Not compatible with all NFC formats. Works with Secure Function Lock. Print Release requires third-party solution. For a list of compatible NFC formats, see manufacturers specifications.
|HL-L6400DW System Requirements|
& Operating System Version
|Processor||Hard Disk Space to install|
|Windows||Windows XP Home|
Windows XP Professional
|32bit (x86) or|
64bit (x64) processor
|Windows 10 Home / 10 Pro / 10 Education / 10 Enterprise|
|Windows Server 2003 / R2|
|Windows Server 2008|
|Windows Server 2008 R2||64bit (x64) processor|
|Windows Server 2012 / R2|
|Mac||Mac OS X v10.8.5, 10.9.x, 10.10.x, 10.11.x||Intel Processor|
|Print Technology||B/W Laser Technology|
|Max. Black Print Speed (ppm)||52ppm Black|
|Duplex Printing Standard||Yes|
|Print Resolution (maximum dpi)||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|LCD Display||1.8" Color Touchscreen display|
|First Time to Print||Less than 7.5 sec.|
|Printer Driver Compatibility||Windows, Mac OS, Linux|
|CPU (Processor) Speed||800 MHz|
|Emulation(s)||PCL6, BR-Script3, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX, PDF Version 1.7, XPS Version 1.0|
|Standard Memory (MB)||512MB Memory|
|Toner Save Mode||Yes|
|Max. Monthly Duty Cycle||150,000 pages|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume||Up to 10,000 pages|
|Standard Paper Capacity (sheets)||520-Sheet Input Capacity|
|Optional Paper Capacity (sheets)||LT-5505 (250 sheets x3) or LT-6505 (520 sheets x2) or TT-4000 (Tower Tray with Stabilizer, includes 520 sheets x4)|
|Multi-purpose Tray Capacity||50-Sheet Multi-purpose Tray|
|Output Paper Capacity (sheets)||250 sheets (with paper full sensor)|
|Output Paper Capacity with all Options||1,050 sheets with mailbox option|
|Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray||Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6|
|Paper Handling Size - Multi-purpose Tray||Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, Envelopes, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-14" (l))|
|Sheet Weight - Paper Tray||16-32 lbs. (bond)|
|Sheet Weight - Multi-purpose Tray||16-53 lbs. (bond)|
|Media Type||Plain, Bond, Envelopes (up to 10), Labels, Recycled Paper, Colored Paper, Letterhead|
|Recommended Paper Brands||Plain Paper: Xerox 4200DP 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., Labels: Avery Laser Label #5160|
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print 2.0, Mopria Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, NFC, and Wi-Fi Direct|
|Web Connect||GOOGLE DRIVE/GOOGLE DRIVE for Business, ONEDRIVE/ONEDRIVE for Business, DROPBOX/DROPBOX for Business, BOX/BOX for Business|
|USB Host||Yes, back (for external IC Card Reader)|
|Brother Cloud Apps||Office Print|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Server, TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/ v3, ICMP, Web Services (Print), CIFS client, SNTP client, LDAP|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)||NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, FTP Server,TELNET Server, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c, ICMPv6, Web Services (Print), CIFS Client, SNTP Client, LDAP|
|One-Push Wireless Configuration||Wi-Fi Protected Setup|
|Security Functions||Active Directory, Integrated NFC Card Reader, Secure Function Lock, Lock Slot, Secure Print, Setting Lock|
|Security Protocols (Wired)||SMTP-AUTH, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP), SNMP v3, 802.1x (EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS), Kerberos, IPSec|
|Security Protocols (Wireless)||SMTP-AUTH, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP), SNMP v3, 802.1x (LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS), Kerberos, IPSec|
|Wireless Network Security||WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES)|
|ENERGY STAR Qualified||Yes|
|Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing||0.03W / 1.3W / 7.2W / 32W / 700W|
|EPA ENERGY STAR TEC Value||2.485 kWh/week|
|Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)||35dB / 54dB|
|Power Source||AC 120V 50/60 Hz|
|Operating Env: Temperature||50-90 degrees F|
|Operating Env: Humidity||20-80% (w/out condensation)|
|Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")||15.7" x 15.6" x 11.3"|
|Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")||19.6" x 19.4" x 20.9"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||29.3 lbs.|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||34.8 lbs.|