Epson FX-890 & FX-890N
FX-890 Impact Printer
Fully refurbished with 90-day warranty
FX890 C11C524001 (New)
FX890N C11C524001NT (New)
- High-speed 9-pin printing
- Ultra fast 9-pin printing
- Extreme reliability in demanding print environments
- User-friendly setup and operation
- Easy system integration
- Easy-to-install 7.5 million character ribbon cartridge
- Advanced paper handling capabilities
Easy integration and maximum productivity in demanding print environments
A full-featured, high-value performer, the Epson® FX-890 offers the durability and ease of use required for critical daily print requirements. This 9-pin, narrow-carriage workhorse boasts an MTBF rating of 20,000 power-on hours (POH) and speeds of up to 680 cps.
Engineered for seamless integration, it provides Parallel, USB, and additional connectivity options. And, it includes Epson Remote Configuration Manager™ software for easy printer setup and simple setting selections via most Windows® operating systems. Ideal for rugged environments, this robust printer is the perfect drop-in replacement for the Epson FX-880/880+/980 or Okidata® Microline® 320/320 Turbo.
An extremely reliable, high-speed performer, the Epson FX-890 races through forms up to 7 parts thick through four convenient paper paths. Its easy-to-install 7.5 million character ribbon cartridge boosts productivity and ensures a low cost per page, while its 400 million character print head life offers added dependability.
Epson does not accept returns on refurbished items except if product arrives defective, in which case, we will provide a replacement with the same model or equivalent. This unit may not include the same software or paper pack as new models.
|Networking & Connectivity||Serial Interface Board with 32K Buffer, Type B||C823071|
|Twinax Interface Board, Type B||C823151|
|Networking & Connectivity Accessories||Serial Interface Board, No Buffer, Type-B||C823051|
|Ribbon Cartridges||Black Fabric Ribbon Cartridge - S015329||S015329|
|Printer Accessories||High Capacity Cut Sheet Feeder||C806381|
|Push / Pull Tractor Unit||C800201|
|Roll Paper Holder||8310|
|Single-Bin Cut Sheet Feeder||C806371|
|Networking & Connectivity||Bi-Directional Parallel Interface Board, Type B||C823452|
|LocalTalk Interface Board, Type B||C823121|
|Service Agreements||1-Year Impact Printer Carry-In Extended Service Agreement||EPPDMADD1|
|>2-Year Impact Printer Carry-In Extended Service Agreement||EPPDMADD2|
- 9-pin, serial impact dot matrix
- Bidirectional logic seeking for text and graphics printing. Unidirectional text or graphics printing can be selected using software commands.
Characters per Line
- 80 characters @ 10 cpi
- Ultra Speed Draft – 680 cps (12 cpi); 566 cps (10 cpi)
- High Speed Draft – 559 cps (10 cpi)
- Draft – 419 cps (10 cpi)
- Near Letter Quality – 104 cps (10 cpi)
(Note: Normal print speed is achieved when printer safety cover is fully closed)
- 13 character tables
- 13 international character sets
Resident Bitmapped Fonts
- Ultra Speed Draft – 10, 12 cpi
- High Speed Draft – 10, 12, 15, 17, 20 cpi
- Draft – 10, 12, 15, 17, 20 cpi
- NLQ (Roman/Sans Serif) – 10, 12, 15, 17, 20 cpi, proportional
Bar Code Fonts
- EAN-13, EAN-8, Interleaved 2 of 5, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 39, Code 128, POSTNET, Codabar (NW-7), Industrial 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5
- 1/6-inch or programmable in 1/432-inch increments
- Line Spacing: 6 lines per inch default
- (8 lpi option available on FX-890 Okidata Mode only)
Control Panel Functions
- Font, pitch, pause, tear off, bin selection, line feed, form feed, load, eject, micro adjust, top-of-form adjustment, panel lockout, reset, menu, default setting selection
- Continuous multipart, original plus 6 carbonless copies, 1 + 6 copies with pull tractor, maximum thickness .018"
- Single sheets – 3.9" to 10.1"
- Continuous – 4.0" to 10.0"
- Cut-sheet feeder – 7.2" to 8.5"
- Single sheets – 3.9" to 14.3"
- Continuous – 4.0" to 22.0"
- Cut-sheet feeder – 10.1" to 14.0"
No. 6 envelopes
- 6.5" x 3.6"
No. 10 envelopes
- 9.5" x 4.1"
- 2.5" x 0.94" (minimum)
- 8.5" width
Paper Feed Speed
- 62 millisecond per 1/6"
- 5" per second continuous feed
- Manual insertion – Front or rear in, top out
- Cut sheet feeder – Top in, top out
- Tractor – Front, rear or bottom in, top out
- Pull push tractor – Front or rear in, top out
Hardware and Software Details
- Windows 95, 98, 2000, Me, XP and NT 4.0
- Bidirectional Parallel (IEEE 1284 Nibble Mode supported)
- USB 1.1
- Type-B slot for optional interface cards
- Epson ESC/P
- IBM PPDS
- Okidata Microline (FX-890 Okidata Mode only)
- 55 dB(A) (ISO 7779 pattern)
Input voltage range
- 103.5 to 132V
Rated frequency range
- 50 to 60 Hz
Input frequency range
- 49.5 to 60.5 Hz
- Height 6.6" x Width 16.3" x Depth 13.8"
- 16.8 lb
Total print volume
- 52 million lines (except print head)
- 20,000 POH (25% duty cycle)
Print head life
- 400 million characters at 14 dots/character
- 7.5 million characters at 14 dots/character