Genicom 4590XT Printer
- Compatible with IBM 3270 controllers and IBM Systems 34/36/38 and AS/400.
- Servicing multiple environments - may be configured for either coax or twinax systems
- High-speed shuttle matrix line printing at 1400 lines per minute. Fast, reliable paper handling.
- New advanced shuttle mechanism that is warranted for life.
- Unique user-replaceable print modules eliminate costly service calls.
- No preventive maintenance required.
- Convenient long-life ribbon cartridge.
Genicom 4590XT Printers
- IBM coax or twinax systems
- High-speed data processing
- Report printing
- Bar codes, labels
- Payroll and billing
- Powerful printing solutions - not available from IBM!
- Up-to-date IBM printer emulations!
- Easy access to user-programmable functions such as bar codes!
- The 4590 printer is equipped with an integrated, advanced function IBM compatible interface. The intelligent interface houses both coax and twinax printer emulations, and it will automatically configure itself to the IBM system on power-up.
- The printer attaches to the IBM system via an adapter cable that is also available from GENICOM. The high-performance interface allows hex pass-through for accessing specialized printer functions, such as bar codes, oversize characters, and IBM configuration options. All parameters of the interface are host- controlled.
- Coax Emulations: IBM Models 3262, 3268, 3287, 4214-1, 4224 non-IPDS, 4234 non-IPDS
- Twinax Emulations: IBM Models 5219, 5256, 5224, 5225, 4214-2, 4234-2, 4245
Note: requires GENICOM adapter cable.
- Draft @ 8 lpi (uc) 1400 lpm
- DP @ 6 lpi (uc) 1100 lpm
- DP @ 6 lpi (uc/lc) 900 lpm
- Corr. @ 6 lpi (uc) 600 lpm
- NLQ @ 6 lpi (uc) 300 lpm
- NLQ @ 6 lpi (uc/lc) 250 lpm
- Type: Matrix impact
- Technique: High-reliability, resonant shuttle matrix
- Character Sets: Proprietary set of 200 characters with 22 international language options
- Print Line: 132 column, 13.2" (335 mm)
- Character Spacing: 10, 12, 13.3, 15, 16.7
- Character Expansion:
- Horizontal 2x, 4x, 8x
- Vertical 2x, 4x, 8x
- Line Spacing: 3, 4, 6, 8 lpi plus n/144
- Print Modes: Bold print, proportional print, superscript/subscript, underline
- Dual Drive: Two sets of 6-pin tractors with bottom load paper path
- Paper Storage: In pedestal (included)
- Paper Width: 3 to 16.54 inches (76 to 420 mm)
- Number of Copies: Original plus five
- Paper Slew: 20 ips (508mm/sec)
- Line Feed: 12.5 msec at 6 lpi
- Standard life cartridge, 50 million draft characters
- Extended life cartridge with reinker, 125 million draft characters
- ANSI X3.64
- Twinax: Adapter cable, self-terminating T connector
- Coax: Adapter cable, IBM 3270 with DSC/DSE and SNA (LU1, LU3)
- Horizontal: 60, 70, 120, 140, 180, 210 dpi
- Vertical: 72 or 144 dpi
- Formats: ANSI X3.64; line drawing graphics; block graphics; plot graphics with graphics repeat feature
- Size (HxWxD): 48 x 29 x 25 inches (1219 x 737 x 635 mm)
- Weight: 320 lbs. (145 Kg)
- Voltage: Switchable from 120 to 240 VAC 10% - 15%, 49 - 65 Hz
- Power: 1300 watts (4433 BTU/hr)
- Sound Level: 55 dBa
- Temperature: 39 to 104 F (4 to 40 C)
- Humidity: 15% to 90% noncondensing
- Quiet cabinet
- Paper shelf
- Paper motion detector
- GENICOM bar codes
- Oversize characters
- QMS Magnum graphics
- Printer self-test
- Hex dump mode
- IBM emulation parameters are host-controlled.
- Controller allows hex pass-through to support most printer functions