Phaser 6500 Printer
The colors your business needsThe Phaser 6500 color printer gives your important documents a powerful, colorful boost.
• Outstanding print quality. A print resolution of up to 600 x 600 x 4 dpi makes your printed communications stand out and grab attention.
• True Adobe® PostScript® 3™. Count on consistently precise print jobs with bright, true colors and superior graphics.
• Advanced toner technology. Xerox-exclusive EA Toner uses particles engineered for uniform size and shape, producing superior image detail and line definition, and text that’s sharp and clear.
• Always the right color. Pantone® Color approved solid-color simulations and Xerox color correction technology ensure results that match your expectations.
Ready to help
We designed the Phaser 6500 as simple color devices that support single users and small workteams.
• Print and go. Work quickly with print speeds of up to 24 ppm for color and black-and-white (letter) or 23 ppm for color and black-and-white (A4).
• More productivity for more people. Connect and go, thanks to built-in networking and seamless compatibility with mixed-user environments, including PC, Macintosh and Linux.
• Easy management. With Xerox® CentreWare Internet Services, remote device administration is handled with ease right from your computer’s browser.
• Out of color toner? Our Run Black feature lets you continue printing with black until you can replace toner.
• Total peace of mind. Our standard one-year on-site warranty is backed by the industry-leading Xerox Total
Satisfaction Guarantee. Easy on your environment From arrival to disposal, the Phaser 6500 helps you meet today’s environmental challenges.
• Print more, use less. Whether you choose manual two-sided printing or upgrade to convenient automatic duplexing, you’ll conserve paper for reduced costs and lower environmental impact.
• Toner-only cartridges. With minimal packaging, our toner-only cartridges allow for 80% less waste than comparable color devices, using integrated print cartridges.
• A perfect fit. Both devices feature a small footprint, which allows for easy integration within your work space, whether on your desk or in a shared location.
• The quiet partner. Engineered for extra-quiet operation to minimize impact on busy offices.
Phaser® 6500 Quick Facts
• Print up to 24 ppm (letter) or 23 ppm (A4)
• 600 x 600 x 4 dpi
• Optional automatic two-sided printing*
• Powerful 400 MHz processor
• Robust 40,000 pages/month duty cycle
• 256 MB memory, expandable to 768 MB
• First-page-out time of 13 seconds color, 12 seconds black-and-white
WxDxH: 15.9 x 16.75 x 16.4 in. / 404 x 426 x 416 mm
* Standard on DN configuration
Print DriversOS supportLinux®, Mac OS® version 10.5 or higher, Windows® 2003 Server, Windows® 2008 Server, Windows® 7, Windows® Vista, Windows® XP, Xerox Global Printer Driver, Xerox Mobile Express Driver
Media HandlingPaper capacity
Tray (Manual feed slot): 1 sheets
Tray 1: 250 sheets
Tray 2 (optional): 250 sheets
Tray (Manual feed slot): Custom sizes: 3 x 5 in. to 8.5 x 14 in. (76 x 127 mm to 216 x 356 mm)
Tray 1: Custom sizes: 3 x 5 in. to 8.5 x 14 in. (76 x 127 mm to 216 x 356 mm)
Tray 2 (optional): Custom sizes: 5.8 x 8.3 in. to 8.5 x 14 in. (148 x 210 mm to 216 x 356 mm)
Tray (Manual feed slot): Business card stock, Card stock, Envelopes, Glossy, Labels, Plain paper
Tray 1: Business card stock, Card stock, Envelopes, Glossy, Labels, Plain paper
Tray 2 (optional): Business card stock, Card stock, Envelopes, Glossy, Labels, Plain paper
Color ManagementColor management tools
PANTONE® Color approved solid-color simulations
Device ManagementDevice management features
Email alerts, PrintingScout™ Alert Notification, Xerox CentreWare® Internet Services, Xerox CentreWare® Web
SecuritySecurity features802.1x, Audit log, IP filtering, IPSec, IPv6, SNMPv3, Secure HTTPS (SSL)
Operating: 375 W
Standby: 55 W
Power save: 15 W
Warm-up time (from power save mode) 31 seconds
ENERGY STAR® qualified
Operating EnvironmentTemperature (operating)50 - 90 ° F (10 - 32 ° C)
Relative humidity (operating)10 - 85 % RH (noncondensing)
DimensionsMinimum dimensions (WxDxH)15.9 x 16.75 x 16.4 in. (403.5 x 425.5 x 415.6 mm)
Weight40 lb (min) (18.2 kg (min))
CE Mark applicable to Low Voltage Directive (2006/95/EC), Certified to UL 60950-1/CSA 60950-1-07, 2nd Edition, EMC Directive 2004/108/EC, FCC Part 15, Class B, FCC Part 686, GOST, GS Mark, NOM, R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC