Dell E515DN & E515DW MFP Printer
Get your Dell printer up and running easily using the Dell Printer Easy Installer and allow flexible connectivity with Ethernet and USB connectivity options.
Designed for convenience
Scan or copy up to 35 sheets hands-free with the ADF and reduce paper use up to 50% using automatic two-sided printing.
Help simplify record keeping by copying both sides of an ID card on a single side of paper using the “ID Copy” button.
Print more with less interruptions using the optional high yield toner cartridge that prints up to 2,600 pages 2 for greater savings. Minimize maintenance with the single fuser unit designed to last the life of the printer, and a cassette input paper tray that keeps paper dust-free.
Print directly from compatible smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices with the Dell Document Hub app, available on the App Store, Google Play and the Windows Store. The E515dn also supports AirPrint 3, Google Cloud Print and Mopria, so you can print from nearly any mobile device connected to the same network as your E515dn. 4
One-stop solution to do more
Simplify your printing tasks and printer maintenance using Dell Printer Hub 1. This convenient, one-stop
solution with an intuitive interface that integrates printer essentials and cloud connectivity for easy document management and control of your printer.
• 1-click to update printer firmware and software
• 1-click to execute customized scan shortcuts
• 1-click access to the Dell Document Hub cloud access solution, which also features cloud Optical
Character Recognition to convert scans into editable, searchable files.
Receive automatic alerts when firmware and software updates are available, or when the toner runs low.
Conveniently re-order toner via Dell Printer Hub.
The E515dn meets the latest regulatory and environmental standards, including ENERGY STAR ®
qualification 5 and Restriction of Hazardous Substanced (RoHS) compliance 6. It also supports printing on
recycled, renewable content and chlorine-free paper.
Connect to technical support for any printing issues via phone or online during your standard 1-year Limited
Hardware Warranty 7, and enjoy 1-year Advanced Exchange 6 after Remote Diagnosis Service 8.
Stay covered longer when you choose optional 2-, 3-, 4-, or 5-year extended Limited Hardware Warranty 9.
Get dedicated support 24/7 with Dell ProSupport™ 10 service options.
Versatility meets value for easy office efficiency.
Boost office productivity with an easy-to-use 4-in-1 multifunction printer with essential productivity features for everyday printing tasks.
• Easily print, scan, fax and copy with features such as the automatic document feeder (ADF) and built-in duplexer for automatic two-sided printing.
• Get connected easily using the Dell Printer Easy Installer.
• Simplify printing tasks and maintenance with the Dell Printer Hub 1.
Dell Multifunction Printer - E515dn
Printer specificationsPrinter type Mono multifunction printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)
Print speed 11
- Simplex (600 x 600 dpi) Up to 27 ppm (letter) and 26 ppm (A4)
- Duplex (600 x 600 dpi) Up to 15 ppm (letter) and 13 ppm (A4)
- From Ready state - as fast as 8.5 seconds
- From Power Saver mode - as fast as 17.5 seconds
- 2-line LCD screen
- Printer driver language PCL 6, PostScript™ Level 3 Emulation, XPS
- Printer data stream PCL 6, PostScript™ Level 3 Emulation
- HP PCL® 6 Emulation: 66 scalable fonts, 12 bitmap fonts
- PostScript 3: 66 scalable fonts
- 266 MHz
- 64 MB RAM
- Dell Document Hub (or Android, iOS and Windows 8 and later), AirPrint 3 , Google Cloud Print, Mopria-certified
- Up to 10,000 pages per month 12
- 300 - 1,000 pages per month
- Scan type Flatbed, ADF / Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Scan speed (Single-page document, 300 x 300 dpi)
- Up to 17 ipm mono / up to 6 ipm color
- Scan resolution 600 x 1200 dpi, up to 19200 x 19200 dpi (software enhanced)
- Scan depth Color: 24-bit; Mono: 8 bit for gray scale
- Scan size (max) Flatbed: 210 mm (8.3”) x 291 mm (11.5”) / ADF: 210 mm (8.3”) x 350 mm (13.8”)
- Scan to media (file format) JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PDF, XPS
- Walk-up scan to FTP (Network server), PC
- Copy speed
- (Single-page document, 600 x 600 dpi)
- Up to 20 copies per minute (cpm) (letter) / up to 19 cpm (A4)
- Maximum copies 99
- Enlarge 25 to 400%
- Copy settings Stack/Sort, N in 1 (2-in-1, 4-in-1), ID Copy (2-in-1), Autofit
- Fax transmission speed Up to 33.6 Kbps
- Speed dial Up to 200 entries
- Memory size 8 MB
- Fax feature Broadcast, Delay/Schedule, Priority, Secure, Forward
- Standard: 250-sheet input tray, single-sheet feeder / Maximum: 251 sheets
- Capacity 35 sheets
- A4 Short Edge Feed (SEF), Letter SEF
- Types Plain, Recycled
- Standard: 100-sheet bin; Maximum: 100 sheets
- Types and weights supported Plain Paper (16 - 28 lb/60 - 80 g/m2), Recycled paper
- Sizes A4, A5, A5L, A6, US Letter, B5 (JIS), Executive, US Legal, Folio
- Single-sheet feeder
- Plain Paper (16 - 28 lb/60 - 80 g/m2), Recycled paper, Thick Paper
- (28 - 43 lb/ 80 - 105 g/m2), Bond, Label, Envelope
- Sizes A4, A5, A5L, A6, US Letter, B5 (JIS), Executive, US Legal, Folio, Com10, Monarch, C5, DL
- 16~58 lb (60 to 105 g/m2), Plain, Thin, Thick, Bond, Recycled, Label,
- Sizes A4, US Letter, B5 (JIS), A5, A5L, A6, Executive, US Legal, Folio
- Portrait or Landscape orientation, Multiple copies, Multi-page printing (N-up), Duplex printing (only for Windows and Mac Driver), Poster (only for Windows Driver), Watermarks (only for Windows Driver), Collate
- 8.17” x 13.7” (207.4 mm x 347.1 mm)
- USB 2.0 High Speed, Ethernet 10/100BASE-TX
- Microsoft® Windows ® Server 2003 / Windows ® Server 2003 x64 Edition
- Windows® Vista
- Windows® Server 2008 / Windows® Server 2008 R2
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 8/8.1
- Windows® Server 2012 / Windows® Server 2012 R2
- Mac OS ® X 10.7x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10x
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6 (x32/x64)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x32/x64)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (x32/x64)
- (W x D x H) 16.1” x 15.7” 12.5” (409 mm x 398.5 mm x 316.5 mm)
- 25.4 lbs (11.5 kg) (with consumables)
- 24.5” x 20.4” x 19.7” (623 mm x 517 mm x 499 mm)
- 34.4 lbs (15.6 kg)
- Temperature: 50ºF to 90ºF (10ºC to 32.5ºC); Relative Humidity: 20% to 85% RH, non-condensing; Altitude: <6,560 ft (<2,000 m)
- Temperature: 32ºF to 95ºF (0ºC to 35ºC); Relative Humidity: 10% to 80% RH; Altitude: <6,560 ft (<2,000 m)
- Printing (simplex): 50.0 dB / 6.5 B; Standby: 33 dB / 4.6 B
- Voltage 120 vac model: 110 to 120 vac 50 Hz / 60 Hz nominal
- Printing mode: 480W (120 vac model)
- Standby mode: < 60W (120 vac model)
- Power Saver mode (Sleep): ≤ 5.8 W/h (120 vac)
- Ship-with toner capacity 2 Up to 700 capacity (Black)
- Standard toner capacity 2 Up to 1,200 page capacity (Black)
- High-yield toner capacity 2 Up to 2,600 page capacity (Black)
- Imaging drum Up to 12,000 pages
- Safety and EMC: EN 60950-1/IEC 60950-1, EN 55022 (Class B); EN55024; EN61000-3-2 (Class A);
- EN 61000-3-3; CE Mark (EU); UL 60950-1 / CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1-07; ICES-003 (Canada; US
- CFR Title 47, FCC Part 2 and 15B, Part 15C and Part 68; FDA/DHHS (21CFR, Chapter 1, Subchapter
- J; RCM (Australia); Telepermit (New Zealand); SABS/ICASA (South Africa); NOM NYCE (Mexico); GS Mark (Germany)
- Others: ROHS Compliant; WEEE; REACH; ENERGY STAR qualified; ErP Lot 4; ErP Lot 6 and 26; Blue Angel Certified
- Supported languages English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch, Swedish
- Dell Printer Hub, Dell Open Print Driver (OPD), Dell OpenManage Printer Manager v2 (OMPM), Standard Printer MIB
- Dell Multifunction Printer - E515dn, Software and Documentation CD, Ship-With Black Cartridge (700 page yield 2 ), Power Cord, USB Cable, RJ11 Cable, Setup Guide
- Imaging drum, up to 12,000 pages
- Dell E310/514/515 series Black Toner Cartridge, 1,200 page yield 2
- Dell E310/514/515 series High Yield Black Toner Cartridge, 2,600 page yield 2
2. Toner yield based on testing in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Yields vary with usage and environmental conditions.
3. AirPrint-enabled printers work with iPad, iPhone (3GS or later), and iPod touch (3rd generation or later) running iOS 4.2 or later.
4. The printer and the mobile device must be connected on the same network.
5. For details on energy efficiency of ENERGY STAR® qualified products, refer to: www.energystar.gov.
6. Meets the requirements of the EU RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU on the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
7. For copy of Ltd Hardware Warranty, write Dell USA LP, Attn: Warranties, One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682 or see www.dell.com/warranty.
8. Replacement system or replacement part will be dispatched, if necessary, following phone-based troubleshooting, in advance of receipt of returned defective part or system. Replacements may be refurbished. Defective unit must be returned. Availability varies. Other conditions apply.
9. Remote Diagnosis is determination by online/phone technician of cause of issue; may involve customer access to inside of unit and multiple or extended sessions. If issue is covered by Limited Hardware Warranty and not resolved remotely, technician and/or part will be dispatched, usually within 1 business day following completion of Remote Diagnosis. Availability varies. Other conditions apply.
10. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit Dell.com/servicecontracts/global.
11. Actual print speed may vary with use. Measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734 methodology.
12. Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of imaged outputs a device could deliver in a month. This metric provides a comparison of robustness in relation to other Dell printers and multifunction printers.
13. Tested in accordance with ISO 7779 and reported in accordance with ISO 9296. Acoustics - Declared noise emission values of computer and business equipment.
©2015 Dell Corporation Limited. Dell, the Dell logo and Dell Toner Management System are registered trademarks or trademarks of Dell Inc. Other trademarks and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. Dell disclaims proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. Microsoft, Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Android and Google Cloud Print are registered trademarks of Google Inc. iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AirPrint and the AirPrint logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Dell cannot be responsible for errors and omissions in typography or photography. 04/2015