Phaser 8500 & 8550
The Phaser 8550 printer is so fast you can expect up to 30 ppm in full color! Or choose the Phaser 8500 printer for up to 24 ppm in color.
• Industry leading speed. As fast as 5 seconds until your first page out on the Phaser 8550, and as fast as 6 seconds on the Phaser 8500.
• True Adobe ® Postscript ® 3 ™ , automated troubleshooting and job accounting. Plus, on the Phaser 8550 you get advanced paper handling features such as automatic two-sided printing, collation and booklet printing.
• Built with large paper trays so you can get the big jobs done without interruption.
• A robust duty cycle delivers the reliability you need in a busy workgroup.
Stand out from the corporate crowd with color that makes an impact.
• Solid ink provides superior print quality on a wide range of media types and weights – from recycled to cover stocks to transparencies and more.
• Expect color that’s truer, more saturated and remarkably consistent – from your morning coffee through to the late night crunch.
• 2400 FinePoint ™ image enhancement technology on the Phaser 8550 provides the ultimate in print quality.
Sophisticated simplicity Sometimes it’s the little things – like loading ink – that slow you down. Not with the Phaser 8500 / 8550 printers. They are designed to make office life more efficient. Easy for users
• Compact, no-mess ink sticks are as easy to load as a stapler. You can drop them into their slots at any time.
• Run out of color ink? No problem. You can continue to print in black-only mode if you prefer.
• You can keep a personal mailbox on the printer’s hard drive (optional on Phaser 8550 only). So if you’re late for a meeting and need an extra copy of something you’ve printed – just walk up to the printer, select the stored job and hit “print”.
• These printers keep track of your printing habits. The Intelligent Ready feature learns when you print most and warms up or enters power-saving mode accordingly.
• There’s no training required. An internet-based automated support system provides help when you need it. Plus, the Support Centre utility provides quick access to all the user documentation, tools and utilities that come with the printer. Simple for administrators
• Installation made easy. It’s out of the box and on your network in just four steps.
• Off-site? Xerox keeps you in the loop. A built-in web server allows you to manage, configure and troubleshoot printers from anywhere using a web browser.
• Enjoy quick desktop access to printer and job status, email alerts, simplified printer installation and network administration.
• Keep tabs on office activity. The Usage Analysis Tool enables you to collect, organize and analyze job accounting data.
Genuine Xerox Solid Ink
|108R00668||Genuine Xerox Solid Ink 8500/8550 Black (3 Sticks)||3,000 pages1||$74.99|
|108R00669||Genuine Xerox Solid Ink 8500/8550 Cyan (Three Sticks)||3,000 pages1||$124.99|
|108R00670||Genuine Xerox Solid Ink 8500/8550 Magenta (Three Sticks)||3,000 pages1||$124.99|
|108R00671||Genuine Xerox Solid Ink 8500/8550 Yellow (Three Sticks)||3,000 pages1||$124.99|
|108R00672||Genuine Xerox Solid Ink 8500/8550 Black (6 Sticks)||6,000 pages1||$114.99|
Routine Maintenance Items
|108R00675||Standard-Capacity Maintenance Kit, Phaser 8500/8550/8560/8560MFP||up to 10,000 pages|
Upgrades and Accessories
|097S03174||525 Sheet Feeder, Adjustable Up To Legal, Phaser 8400 Replaced by 097S03667|
|097S03318||Replaced by 097S03636|
Fully refurbished with 1-year warranty
|097S03380||128 MB Phaser Memory (1 X 128MB), DDR||$579.00|
|097S03636||Cart, W/Storage Capacity|
Fully refurbished with 1-year warranty
|097S03667||525 Sheet Feeder, Adjustable Up To Legal, Phaser 8550/8560/8860, RoHS|
097S03667 525 Sheet Feeder, Adjustable Up To Legal, Phaser 8550/8560/8860, RoHS
|Printer management||Xerox® CentreWare® Printer Management for Microsoft® and UNIX®, CentreWare IS Embedded Web Server, CentreWare Web Administrator, Xerox NDPS Gateway, Usage Analysis Tool|
|Font capabilities||137 PostScript® fonts and 81 PCL® 5c fonts|
|Printer drivers||Windows 98SE/Me, Windows NT 4.0 (SP6), Windows 2000/XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Mac OS® 9.x, Mac OS® X version 10.2 or higher, Novell® NetWare® 5.x/6.5, Linux Red Hat 9, Suse 9, Fedora Core 1, UNIX Sun Solaris 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, HP/UX 11.x, IBM AIX 4.3.3, Xerox Walk-Up Printing Drivers with Windows 2000 or higher|
|Language support||Adobe® PostScript® 3™, PCL® 5c emulation|
|Input Paper Capacity||1,675 sheets|
|Media input trays||Tray 1 standard: 100-sheet capacity; 16 lb. Bond - 80 lb. Cover (60-220 gsm); Supports a wide range of papers, envelopes, cover stocks, labels, business cards, trifold brochures, postcards, transparencies and more|
Media sizes: Index card (3 x 5 in.), Statement, Executive, A/Letter, US Folio, Legal, A6, A5, B5 ISO, B5 JIS, A4, Custom sizes from 3 x 5.5 in. (76 x 127 mm) to 8.5 x 14 in. (216 x 356 mm); Envelopes: #10 commercial, DL, C5, #51/2, #63/4, Monarch, Booklet, Lee (A7), Choukei 4 Gou, Choukei 3 Gou
Tray 2 standard: 525-sheet capacity; 16-32 lb. Bond (60-120 gsm); Supports a wide range of papers, envelopes, cover stocks, labels, business cards, trifold brochures, postcards, transparencies and more
Media sizes: Statement, Executive, A/Letter, US Folio, Legal, B5 ISO, B5 JIS, A4; Envelopes: #10 Commercial, DL and C5
Tray 3 standard on 8550DT and 8550DX: Capacity, media types and sizes same as Tray 2
Tray 4 standard on 8550DX: Capacity, media types and sizes same as Tray 2
|2-sided printing||16 – 32 lb. Bond (60-120 gsm)|
|Output tray capacity||300 sheets|
|PrintingScout||PrintingScout instantly displays pop-up help if attention is needed during print jobs.|
|Phaser installer||Phaser Installer automatically gets you printing in seconds.|
|PhaserSMART||PhaserSMART® remote diagnostic tool provides automated Internet-based support.|
|Productivity tools||Run Black, Custom-Size Pages, Phaser Installer, Intelligent Ready, Embedded Web Server, PrintingScout, PhaserSMART, Usage Analysis Tool, Booklet Printing, Smart Trays, Saved Settings, Manual Color Adjustments, Negative and Mirror Images, Scaling, Watermarks, Cover Sheets, Remote Printing, Image Smoothing, Job Completion Notification, Separation Pages, N-Up Printing, Email Alerts, Job Accounting, Printer Neighborhood, Job Pipelining, Secure Print*, Proof Print*, Saved Print*, Personal Print*, Collation*|
*Requires hard drive
|Color standards||PANTONE®-approved solid color simulations, Adobe® PostScript® device independent color, CIE International color standards, and support for ICC and Apple® ColorSync® color management systems|
|Print quality modes||8500: Fast Color, Enhanced|
8550: Fast Color, Standard, Enhanced, High-Resolution/Photo
|Color correction||Automatic, sRGB Display, sRGB Vivid, SWOP® Press, Euroscale Press, Commercial Press, SNAP Press, None, Black-and-White|
|Dimensions||width: 16 in. (40.6 cm), height: 14.5 in. (36.8 cm), depth: 21 in. (53.34 cm), weight: 60 lbs. (28 kg.)|
Optional 525-sheet Tray – width: 16 in. (40.6 cm), height: 5.2 in. (13.2 cm), depth: 20.5 in. (52.1 cm), weight: 16 lbs. (7.3 kg.)
|Environment||Temperature: Non-operating: -30° to 60° C (-22° to 140° F); Operating: 10° to 32° C (50° to 90° F).|
Relative Humidity: Non-operating: 10 - 95%; Operating: 10% - 80%.
Noise Level: 33 dBA standby, 54 dBA running
|Electrical requirements||120 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Regulatory||FCC Part 15, Subpart B, CSA certified to CSA-C222 No. 950, CE Mark applicable to directives 73/23 EEC and 89/336/EEC CDRH, EN 55022|
|As an ENERGY STAR® Partner, Xerox has determined that this product meets ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency.|