Rosetta SP 3400N & 3400DN
SP 3400N/3410DN MICR
at a Glance
• Up to 30 Pages per Minute
• Offered in Simplex and Duplex Versions
• Standard Ethernet/USB Connectivity
• 295MHz Processing Speed
• MICR Toner Included
• Web-Based Monitoring System for Complete Oversight
The SP 3400N/3410DN MICR provides small and medium-sized businesses an economical option for a reliable, high-quality MICR printer. With the SP 3400N/3410DN MICR, affordability does not come at the expense of valuable features such as high-speed processing and standard Ethernet connectivity. The SP 3400N/3410DN MICR can tackle all check printing and general office printing by offering users the ability to use standard or MICR toner.
The SP 3400N/3410DN MICR is the entry-level printer in Rosetta Technologies’ family of Intelligent MICR™ printers. With Intelligent MICR features like an online dashboard, the SP 3400N/3410DN MICR printer surpasses all other printers in its class.
Access & Control Features
• Remote Oversight: In distributed print environments, this feature allows administrators to quickly and easily get a glimpse into the status of the printer, identify current firmware versions, and access page counts.
• Event Based Alerts: This feature is easily configured to notify users or administrators of numerous types of events. Each printer status item can be emailed, including empty toner, paper misfeeds, out of paper, and more.
Quality Assurance Features
• E-13B FONT: This font was created specifically for the SP 3400N/3410DN MICR printer. The printer-specific font ensures the highest achievable readability of MICR characters.
• CMC7 Font: This font was designed specifically for use with Rosetta Technologies’ MICR printers to produce the highest achievable readability of MICR characters.
• Low-Toner Warning: This warning will sense the amount of MICR toner remaining, and then warn the user when levels become low.
• Original-Manufactured MICR Toner Cartridge: Toner formulation and cartridge design specific to
the SP 3400N/3410DN MICR printer engine, ensures high print quality, excellent toner yield, and long fuser life.
• Optimized Fusing & Transfer Voltage: This feature will automatically manage the fusing temperature
and transfer voltage to eliminate high-speed reader/sorter issues with MICR checks.
• MICR Quality Guarantee: Rosetta Technologies ensures the readability performance of the SP 3400N/3410DN MICR printer when used in conjunction with approved MICR toner and check stock.
• Secure Amount Font: This unique font is very difficult to alter because of a special background and very small text & numeric print embedded in the amount line of the check.
• Secure Payee Font: This unique font appears in alpha and numeric characters on the payee line of a check. It is very difficult to alter because of a special background and very small text.
Compact Design at a Compact Price
SP 3400N/3410DN MICR Printer
Memory 64 MB RAM standard/maximum
Operating Systems Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003/2008R2, Windows Vista; Windows 7;Macintosh OS
X v.10.2.8 – 10.6; Citrix MetaFrame; Ricoh UNIX Filter
Power Requirements 120V, 60Hz
Power Consumption 850W or Less
Energy Saver: 5W or Less
Connectivity USB 2.0, Ethernet 10/100Base-TX
Page Description Languages PCL 6, PostScript 3 emulations
Network Protocols TCP/IP, IPP
Resident Fonts PCL/PS 3: 80 fonts
MICR Fonts (Supplied on CD) E-13B, CMC7, Secure Amount, Secure Payee
Duty Cycle 50,000 Pages per Month
Recommended Print Volume 700-3,300 Pages per Month
MICR Toner Yield 5,000 Pages
MICR Toner Starter 2,000 Pages
MICR Toner Starter Cartridge is Included.
Technology Laser beam scanning, electrophotographic printing using dry mono-component toner development
Maximum Resolution 600 x 600 dpi, 1200 x 600 dpi equivalent
Dimensions (WxDxH) 14.6” x 15.4” x 10.3” (370 x 392 x 262 mm)
Weight SP 3400N: 25.6 lb.; SP 3410DN: 27.6 lb.
Printing Speed 30 pages-per-minute (Letter)
Standard Print Utilities Web Image Monitor (when connected to a LAN), Printer Utility for Mac, @Remote
Advanced Printer Features Scaling, Collate, Layout/N-Up, Front Cover Sheet, Dithering, Watermarks, Rotate
Print, Toner Saving, Mirror Image (PS3), Reverse Order Print (PS3), Do Not Print Blank Pages (PS3)
Standard Input Capacity Tray 1: 250-Sheet Trays
Bypass Tray: 50 Sheets
Optional Input Capacity 250 Sheets, Paper Feed Unit
Maximum Input Capacity 550 Sheets
Input Paper Sizes Paper Tray: 8.5” x 11” to 8.5” x 14”; A4, B5, A5, B6, A6, HLT, Executive, Foolscap, Folio
Custom Size: 3.94”x5.83” to 8.5”x14.02”
Bypass Tray: 8.5”x11” to 8.5”x14”; A4, B5, A5, B6, A6, HLT, Executive, Foolscap, Folio
Custom Size: 3.54”x5.92” to 8.5” x 14.02”
Optional Paper Feed Unit: 8.5” x 11” to 8.5” x 14”
Standard & Bypass Tray: 16 - 30 lb.
Bond/90 lb. Index (60 - 105 g/m2)
Optional Paper Feed Unit: 16 - 28 lb.
Bond (60 - 105 g/m2)
Duplex: 16 - 28 lb. Bond (60 - 105 g/m2)
SP 3400N/3410DN MICR Printer
Money Saving Features
The SP 3400N MICR printer features a standard 10/100BaseTX Ethernet card that allows multiple authorized users access to the printer, resulting in the reduction of overall printing costs. Both models’ fast processors handle large files with ease. This virtually eliminates data bottlenecks and reduces the time necessary to complete every job. An optional paper feed unit is also available for the increased paper input
capacities that are required for larger print runs.
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered service mark of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Adobe, the Adobe logo and Adobe PostScript 3 are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the USA, and other countries. Apple, AppleTalk and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. registered in the USA, and other countries. Microsoft, Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the USA, and other countries. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. The information and specifications contained in this document are approximate and subject to change without notice. This publication is for general guidance only. Product configurations in photographs may contain separately priced options. All Rights Reserved. 2/10.
MICR Quality Guarantee
Guaranteed ANSI, ABA & Canadian Payments Association
Acceptance Standards If Using Rosetta Technologies’ Approved
Check Stock, Supplies, MICR Fonts & Authorized Service.
Warranty: Advance Exchange
Warranty Upgrades: Express Exchange
Support: 7x24 Phone Support
Consumables Warranty: 90 Days from Purchase Date